2019/20 LIVE ONLINE MENTORED COURSES
DON’T WAIT – KENT RAIBLE’S COURSES SELL OUT FAST!
Have you ever gazed at a ring, and wondered how they put all those little pieces together to create one seemless masterpiece?
- Learn the technical skills needed to create a ring that is a unique expression of you!
- I’ll take you behind the scenes in my workshop where I’ll show you my sketchbook and guide you through the design of more complex rings, from concept to planning out the fabrication.
- I’ll demystify some of my most complex pieces by explaining the fabrication and forming steps involved in their creation, to show you how it’s actually done!
- I will encourage you to work on your own, more complex designs as we go, suitable to your skill level.
This 4 week online program is designed to show you how to:
- Measure and create tubing blanks for round, square, marquise and pear-shaped tubing.
- Create beautiful and crisp bezel settings for gemstones of all shapes and sizes.
- Use advanced bezel setting tricks so you’ll know how to prepare corners for setting square, triangular, marquise and trillion shaped stones.
- Fabricate a double tube hinge, and how to integrate it into your designs.
- Add articulated hinges and swivels giving your designs more dimension and movement.
Kent Raible is not just a modern master. Kent is not just the best granulation artist around. He is not just a fabulous goldsmith and jewelry designer. Kent is also one of the best teachers in the world. He learned at the feet of masters in Germany, as I did, and then he developed his skills even further. Kent taught hundreds of students at the Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts. Kent knows his stuff, loves what he does and shares his passion eagerly. His methods are complete and easier than you might think. Take this opportunity! You will only regret it if you don’t.
I was THRILLED to be able to get into Kent Raible's 'Going Tubular' class. I have admired his work for a long time and was eager to learn anything he was willing to teach! I absolutely loved the format of the web-based course; access to on-line video modules along with a weekly live follow-up meeting for questions and answers. The modules were well organized, clear, easy to understand, and the step-by-step closeups of the work were very high quality.
Being able to talk live with Kent via the Zoom app was easy to set up on my iPad, and he was so generous with his time and knowledge when answering all of our questions. He is genuinely interested in our progress, our challenges and our successes.
I was initially very intimidated in the class, but his desire and excitement to see us succeed put that to rest in the first Zoom session. I give this class a 5 out of 5 star rating. I am excited for the next set of students taking the class - it was fantastic for me. I learned SO much. You won't find a better instructor!
Kent is a master of granulation and a wonderful instructor- He also is the best fabricator I have ever known. I teach cloisonné workshops and I have brought Kent in to work with my students. He is very approachable, attentive and thorough, I would love to have him teach in my California classroom anytime!
Truthfully, Kent has inspired plenty of improvement in my work and helped to reignite the passion for making exceptional pieces. I am fusing rather than soldering more and more to build settings. The metalwork on my cloisonné pieces has grown dramatically and I will continue to learn from Kent whenever the opportunity arises. Studying with Kent online is an exciting prospect. I prefer my own tools and workspace, I prefer my own schedule and I prefer my own projects- Now I can have all of this and get Kent’s help too!
Study online with one of the most celebrated hands-on goldsmiths of our time, Kent Raible.
For experienced metalsmiths who want to improve their skills and be more inspired in their designs, we offer group programs designed to reduce your learning curve and help you transform that vision in your head into a masterpiece you can touch.
Our mentored online programs are designed to:
- Give you more confidence in your fabrication skills so that you can create more elaborate and elegant designs that evolve your work to the next level.
- Unleash your creativity by advancing your ability to move your dream from an image in your mind to a finished masterpiece.
- Support your progress through our weekly live group calls and our private Facebook group so that you can master the skills in each module.